What is RF Microneedling?
RF Microneedling adds the element of radio frequency energy to the traditional Microneedling procedure. The RF energy is delivered via small needles. In addition to the benefits seen with the micro-injury provided by the microneedles, RF Microneedling also delivers RF energy deep into the dermis further enhancing skin tightening and scar reduction. The RF energy heats the underlying layers, causing constriction and tightening of the skin, as well as the stimulation of collagen and elastin production. Because the RF energy is delivered so deeply, it can produce faster, more dramatic results.
Who is it for?
RF Microneedling is appropriate for nearly any skin type and tone. The procedure addresses the following issues:
- Fine lines and facial wrinkles
- Scarring from acne and chicken pox
- Mild to moderate skin laxity
- Irregular skin texture and tone
Most patients will achieve full results with 2-3 treatment sessions, spaced about four weeks apart. The number of treatments will depend on how well the patient responds to the treatment and the severity of the skin issues to be addressed.
Benefits of RF Microneedling
RF Microneedling can offer similar results to ablative laser procedures, but with significantly less discomfort and downtime. Topical anesthetic is applied prior to treatment to ensure patient comfort throughout the procedure. Treatment usually takes 1 hour, depending on the size of the treatment area. Skin is typically red for the first day or two after treatment, but the redness is typically mild and much less than is often seen with laser procedures. There is little or no discomfort after the procedure and patients typically are able to return to regular activities within a day. Makeup can be applied 24 hours after the procedure to mask any residual redness.
- Minimally invasive
- Short recovery time.
- Risks of post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation and scarring are low.
- Can be combined with mesotherapy to better enable the activation of meso
- Pore size is reduced.
- Skin’s oil levels and oil-producing ability are reduced.
- Improvement was seen in wrinkles and fine lines.
- Helps to enhance the effectiveness of skin care products.
- Limits the occurrence of acne.
- Acne and acne scars greatly treated and reduced when performed in combination with prescribed topical acne treatment.
What to Avoid:
To ensure the proper healing environment, be certain to observe the following:
- For at least 2 hours post treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 24 hours. No tanning beds.
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments are harmful, rife with bacteria, and may cause adverse reactions.